Sports are great. They take us away from our everyday problems. It feels great when your team wins, but you feel awful when they lose. So, here’s a list of who’s been feeling the worst as of late.
Keep in mind, this is a combination of what is happening right now, as well as what’s happened throughout the past.
32. New England Patriots – You can’t complain if you’re a Pats fan. You’ve been spoiled. The Pats have been a perennial playoff contender for the last 15 years. No whining.
31. Pittsburgh Steelers – The most rings in the NFL. A franchise QB who’s still in his prime. A great coach. The best QB/WR/RB combo in the NFL? Nothing to complain about here.
30. Green Bay Packers – The only thing Packers fans can complain about is how Mike McCarthy is conservative and how Aaron Rodgers sometimes gets hurt a little. One of the most consistent franchises in NFL history.
29.. New York Giants – Eli Manning BSed his way to two Super Bowls. Even though they’ve been wildly inconsistent, they’ve always been in the hunt.
28. Baltimore Ravens – Yea, I know they stink right now. But Baltimore has been a powerhouse since the Franchise was founded. This is an anomaly year, they’ll be back in action next year.
27. Denver Broncos – John Elway brought them their rings, and now he’s building a powerhouse defense. Even when Manning leaves, they’re set to be great for a while.
26. Indianapolis Colts – Peyton Manning… Then he leaves, but you get Andrew Luck. Lucky team here.
25. Seattle Seahawks – Since this is based on the present as well, they just brought two great years of football to Seattle. They have a franchise QB, and an elite defense. Sure this year has looked a little off, but they’re only a few pieces away from being a contender for the next few years.
24. Dallas Cowboys – 5 Super Bowls from the past. An incredibly young and talented offensive line in the future. The fact that Romo might be retiring soon is worth complaining about though.
23. Oakland Raiders – This might seem ambitious, but hear me out. Unlike other teams that have been awful over the past 10 years (they are not awful now), they had a dynasty to be proud of. Now they have Derek Carr, Amari Cooper, Khalil Mack, and they’re great in the trenches on both sides of the ball. This team has history, and they’re also on their way to being a contender again.
22. New Orleans Saints – Yea, the team might be headed in a bad direction. But teams with Super Bowls always rank higher. They just witnessed a ton of great football over the past few years. There’s reasons why other teams are lower.
21. Kansas City Chiefs – They rank higher because even though they have a Super Bowl, they haven’t won a playoff game in a very long time.
20. New York Jets – A Super Bowl to boast about, a bright young defense, an answer at head coach, a ton of premier playoff wins over the past few years. The Jets are ok.
19. Chicago Bears – They’re lower because they are headed in a bad direction… Something has to change here.
18. Miami Dolphins – They haven’t done a lot in the playoffs as of late, but they do have the only undefeated season in history. That’s kinda cool.
17. San Francisco 49ers – They look like they might be bad for a while, but they had some great runs recently, and have 5 Super Bowls. Their fans can afford a dark period.
16. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – They have a bright future, but aside from that one Super Bowl win, they’ve been pretty laughable as a franchise. Plus, the fans would rather go to the beach than their games.
15. Washington Redskins – Dan… Snyder…
14. St. Louis Rams – They’re higher than the teams below them because they have a Super Bowl… That’s #1 on the list. They’re the lowest Super Bowl team because they might lose their team…
13. Philadelphia Eagles – They’ve been consistently dominant over the past 15 years… but they just couldn’t quite get there. Still, they have a ton of young talent to look forward to.
12. Cincinnati Bengals – It must be SO frustrating to continuously watch this team underachieve. If this year ends up to be different, they could rise high in the standings.
11. Arizona Cardinals – This is based mostly on their future. They have Bruce Arians… he could have them competing for a very long time.
10. Minnesota Vikings – Losing all of those Super Bowls must be painful… But hey, at least they look good heading forward. Also, they had Randy Moss… That’s cool.
9. Carolina Panthers – Cam Newton and Ron RIvera have this team looking very bright heading forward.
8. Atlanta Falcons – Dan Quinn seems like a guy who can make a team great. He just needs some time.
7. Buffalo Bills – Those 4 Super Bowl losses… But at least they had an era where they made those games. Also, they have some talent on both sides of the ball right now, they could be good soon.
6. Houston Texans – They seem lost right now… But at least they have J.J. Watt.
5. Tennessee Titans – They had the Chris Johnson years, and they also have Marcus Mariota, who looks like a special player.
4. Jacksonville Jaguars – Blake Bortles will make things interesting for the Jaguars… just give it time.
3. Detroit Lions – They suck now. They looked like they might be good… now they suck. They haven’t won a playoff game in over a decade. They wasted the careers of Barry Sanders and Calvin Johnson… being a Lions fan is hard.
2. San Diego Chargers – 0 Super Bowls. They suck. The coaches suck. The owner sucks. They’re currently wasting away the last few years Philip Rivers has. They wasted the careers of Dan Fouts, Kellen Winslow, Antonio Gates, LaDainian Tomlinson, and to make matters worse, the owner is doing whatever he can to sell the team away. Nothing hurts more than losing your team, especially your ringless team…
1. Cleveland Browns -… Besides being a Browns fan.